Sunday, November 18, 2012

White Oak Canyon Hike

We took out first and pretty much only hike this year in September. We borrowed a hiking backpack from the Cranes and took off to White Oak Canyon. It was an absolutely beautiful day! I am sooo glad that I insisted we go. Lydia fell asleep about 3/4's of the way back. When she gets sleepy, she will fall asleep walking...and there is hardly no stopping it. So we ended up having to carry her out. I carried her on my shoulders for a little bit, then Chris traded me and I carried Miles on my back while he carried Lydia. Miles sat there and gnawed on my hair the whole way. It was a delightful little hike though.

Lydia totaled four falls during the trip and only cried with one of them. We counted because it helped her to be careful not to get another fall counted and or be tough when she did fall. She loved hiking, until she started getting sleepy of course. She did really well though, considering she is three.
I love this picture. Miles was thrilled to chill in that little back pack!

Just getting started.

Stopped for a little pony ride on the rock..


Can't even see Miles in there! :) He loved it though!





She pushed the limits a few times.

Love Miles snuggles!

Add caption

She loved this part of the hike so she could finally put her feet in the Freezing Cold water...silly girl.

This is one of the few times that I think he looks just like his Daddy!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute cute pictures. Your little family is darling. Lydia is getting so big. It was fun catching up the other day. We miss you guys.