Sunday, November 18, 2012

Preschool


Lydia has started preschool! She loves it and I love it!! I could have swore I took a picture of her with her cute little back pack on, but I can't find it. I'll have to take another one this week and add it into this post. There are five little cuties in our ward that we've gathered together for a preschool class. They are the younger bunch of sunbeams and the older nursery bunch, Traden Buchi, Lovisa Mosley, Austin Black, and Blair Anderson. We have just been focusing on the letters of the alphabet. Each week preschool is at one of the child's house and they learn a new letter. We've set up a rotation, and it works out great. My first week teaching, I was pretty nervous. We did the letter C and so on Tuesday I took pictures of all the kids and got them printed before preschool again on Thursday. On Thursday we made these cute little Cameras! I highly doubt that any of the other kids have had as much fun with their little cameras as Lydia has had with hers. She loves it! She did my hair a while ago and I asked her if she'd want to take a picture of it because she was so proud of it (I completely had a real picture in mind). She got so excited and agreed. She raced out of the room and came back with her little camera. It was pretty cute. I caught her the other day in her room with Grandpa's tripod trying to figure out a way to hook her camera onto it to take a picture. I'm glad that she has loved it so much. I thought it was pretty cute myself.
On Tuesday we talked about clouds and caterpillars. We had a "cloud" fight with cotton balls (which they loved!) and we read the Hungry Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.

No comments: