Friday, November 30, 2012

D.C. on four wheels, or 6

One of the most entertaining thing about living where we do is the privilege of visiting our nation's capitol often! A lot of things in Washington D.C. are free and the city is just fascinating. It is beautiful and brings such pride in my heart when I visit there (however disappointed I am in our country's choice of leaders...yes I am still bitter).

Chris and I got this new toy this past summer and Miles hasn't been big enough to take him very often this year, but even the few rides we were able to take were worth it and made us excited for next year. Our family went in and rode around the mall earlier this year (we forgot the camera) before attending the BYU vs. George Washington women's volleyball game. It was a really fun day.

I LOVE Miles's Face in this one! Just getting set for take off.


The kiddos and I enjoying our lunch.

One of my new favorite pictures! This was a fun day with my little kids!



This ride was a great one also. Chris was at work and Rachel had the day off. I can't remember why, Columbus Day or something? Rachel and I packed up a lunch, drove to Chris's work, where we parked the car and grabbed the jeep with all of our bikes on the rack, then headed into the National Capitol! We drove around for quite a while trying to find a parking space, but we finally came upon one which happened to be a wonderful spot. We got our bikes all rigged up and after messing with a broken gear and a chain falling off, we rode out on a BeAuTiFuL autumn day in November. We stopped at the Botanical Gardens to eat our lunch. Lydia was thrilled to walk through the "jungle" to use the restrooms. Lydia was much better sitting with Miles than the last time we took her. Miles started to get tired toward the end and was getting frustrated that he could not sleep, so we decided to head back. It certainly was a trip to remember. We enjoyed the reactions we got from all of the Asian tourists. For some reason they all (every where we went) thought the bike trailer was something pretty nifty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One thing I miss about Virginia is going into d.c. It's looks beautiful with the leaves changing. Sure do miss you guys.